The Organic Meat Club

November 17, 2010

The more I read about organic agriculture and synthetic chemicals, the more determined I become to feed my family with as much organic food as possible. What modern processes and agriculture have done to our food and, I believe, our health is frightening. But organic food often seems so unaffordable. On the one hand, we need to change our thinking and realise that the days of chemically supported cheap food are rapidly drawing to an end – it is not a sustainable system. On the other hand, we can also get a bit creative and find ways of making high quality, organic food more affordable. The Organic Meat Club is one way.

Some months ago, a lovely farmer by the name of Paul Graham rang me and asked if I knew anyone who wanted to buy bulk organic meat. I’ve told this story before. We’ve done two large orders and everyone’s really happy with the meat and the system. To make it easier to coordinate, I’ve created a new website called The Organic Meat Club.

If you live on the Gold Coast (Queensland) and would like to participate in buying bulk organic meat, please subscribe through the Organic Meat Club website. Subscription is free. When it’s time for a bulk meat order, you will receive an email with all the details.

This site will also have recipes and information to help you make the most of your meat. Paul Graham will soon be able to supply lamb and we are now looking for an organic chicken farmer.

The Organic Meat Club

Bringing affordable, certified organic, grass fed meat to the Gold Coast

About these ads
  1. Rebecca permalink
    November 17, 2010 9:36 pm

you are amazing Filippa.

2. Adam Hearne permalink
    February 14, 2011 4:10 pm

Hi Filippa

I am also interested in buying bulk meat from Paul (and have briefly spoken with him). Do you know of anyone in Brisbane who would like to pool together for a bulk order?

Have you found an organic chicken farmer?

All the best

Adam

• February 14, 2011 9:32 pm

Hi Adam, I thought Paul was already doing bulk meat deliveries to Brisbane. Did you ask him? He did say Brisbane had dropped off a bit – people on tighter budgets not able to buy bulk. Perhaps Food Connect could put the word out through their subscribers and you could get a group together? The chicken farmers I contacted didn’t even bother getting back to me. Life is so busy but it’s on my ‘to do” list to keep trying! I do have a pork farmer in the wings though – just have to find time to ring her to find out more.

3. Anthony & kylee kelly permalink
    November 13, 2011 8:36 am

That’s a great idea look forward to it

4. April 8, 2012 9:55 am

Hi, I am really keen to bulk order some organic, grass fed beef in bulk to the Gold Coast. Is this service/website still operating?

Cheers,

Michael

• May 6, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi Michael, no I’m not organising it anymore because Paul stopped direct selling his beef to the public and I got too busy to try and find other sources. The good news though is Paul’s lovely beef is now available through Gold Coast Organic Butchers: Shop 10, Waterways Shopping Centre, Sunshine Boulevard, Mermaid Waters, 07 5572 0090. See Jeff the manager to receive your Organic Meat Club members’ discount card and receive a 10% discount. – Filippa